On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Otared Kavian wrote:

> On 19 sept. 08, at 20:31, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Otared Kavian wrote:
>
> Has something changed recently in the ways
>
> TEXMFCNF has to be set?

Thanks to Oliver's pressing on Hans & Taco :), you don't need to set
anything any more.
And yes, that has been changed after TL freeze.

> On Mac, the situation with LuaTeX configuration has changed
> *considerably* and in some very important ways after ConTeXt & LuaTeX
> have been frozen for TeX Live.
>
> Hi Mojca,
> Thanks for the information.
> How can one find out how to adapt the new parameters (TEXMFCNF, and alike)?

I would not adapt anything apart from TEXMFCACHE.

> I updated ConTeXt, luatex binary and ConTeXt scripts manually, and it
> works fine now, though I never use --updatecontext.
>
> What do you mean by "manually"? Do you mean unzipping the file
> context/current/cont-tmf.zip or context/beta/cont-tmf.zip
> into
> /usr/local/texlive
> or into either of
> /usr/local/texlive/2008
> or /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local ?
> Thanks again for your attention: OK

See the other post. I update ConTeXt directly into
/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist, though updating into texmf-local
or into ~/.texlive2008 would be just as valid. I update with rsync,
but using the zips is just as fine.

Apart from ConTeXt you also need to update LuaTeX binary (/usr/texbin
= /usr/local/texlive/2008/bin/universal-darwin).
Again - see the other post.

Mojca