On 24 sept. 08, at 20:45, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some weird problems with descriptions, but let's start at the
> beginning. (I have more problems with understanding how they work, but
> more about the rest later.)
>
> 1.) How do I get some space between "title" and "abc"? (I currently
> put the space there manually.) If I set distance=1em, weird things
> start happening.

Hi Mojca,

I wish too…
At some point some years ago, I used descriptions such as yours and
the only way
I could solve the problem of your "abc" too clsoe to "title" was to
put an empty {}:

\definedescription
        [ma]
        [headstyle=bold,
         style=italic,
         align=left,
         location=left,
         width=fit,
         distance=0pt,
         margin=0pt,
         hang=2,
         indenting=never]
\starttext

\input tufte

\startma[Thm]{Conjecture 1}{} abc. \input knuth
\stopma

\input tufte
\blank

As mentioned in \in {}[Thm], we can show that\dots
\stoptext

> 2.) What exactly does "hang=1" do? I have no idea what it does there,
> but that was the only way to get the desired result, else everything
> gets indented. width=fit makes problems. With width=5cm everything is
> OK.

the "hang" parameter is the number of lines which are hang-indenting
after the beginning of the description;
however  "hang=0" means that all the description is hang-indenting.

Best regards: OK