Hi,

Thanks for the pointers. It seems that the syntax-highlighter only
need supply "function buffers.visualizers.mp.flush_line_()", which
returns a buffer containing the typesetting commands. Will try playing
with it.

At the moment, I am looking for the feature with
\setuptyping[option=commands]. I saw "\mksetupcommandsintype" defined,
and "buffers.visualizers.enableescape = true" set in core-ver.mkiv,
but it isn't handled in the default visualizer.

\starttext
\setuptyping[option=commands]
\starttyping
abc <<abc>> <</sl abc>> /BTEX{\sl abc}/ETEX
\stoptyping
\stoptext

regards,
shenchen