On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 8:03 PM, Wolfgang Werners-Lucchini wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I have a lot of problems with the following example:

> \startuseMPgraphic{Wochentage}
>  label.top(\sometxt{Samstag}, z0) ;

> 1. The labels of the first graphic are xscaled (randomly)

They are not scaled randomly :P
They inherit the sizes from the second graphic.

See
    http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20061204.102337.280a6589.en.html

> when the
> second graphic is included. Comment the second, and the first is ok.
> What I am doing wrong here?

You need
    \runMPgraphicstrue

> This seems to be ok with luatex.

LuaTeX is a story on its own. It works differentrly anyway.

> 2. The settings in \startMPenvironment do not use the smaller font
> size [8pt] without [global]. And the outside Text (Bla) remains not
> big [11pt] with [global]. How can I toggle the two sizes differently?

These settings are used exclusevely for btex ... etex and textext.
\sometxt uses the surounding font.

There could be some settings for fonts in metapost graphics, but I'm
not aware of any.
However, it's rather easy to either:

a) write your own metapost macro for placing labels that scales down
everything by 20%
    label.top(myscaled(\sometxt{Samstag}), z0) ;
where
    vardef myscaled(expr t) = (t scaled 0.8) enddef;

b) write your own handle
    \definetextext[scaled]{\switchtobodyfont[8pt]\strut}
and then
    label.top(\sometxt[scaled]{Samstag}, z0) ;

c) write your own macro or put some font size switch in front of the
graphic (I did not try it out)
\long\def\startuseMPgraphicwithscaledtext#1\stopuseMPgraphicwithscaledtext
{\bgroup\switchtobodyfont[8pt]\startuseMPgraphic#1\stopuseMPgraphic\egroup}

Disclaimer: I did not try out any of the methods mentioned about, so
it might be that they don't work and need some syntactic changes, but
they should work in principle.

> 3. After editing the mp-code I allways have to purge files between
> two runs. Is this normal?

Probably not, but I somehow got used to run every document twice
before getting the right graphic. It should be fixed, but Hans is
probably focused on mkiv now.

Mojca