Greetings all,

A sad story: My context-typeset dissertation was printed/distributed by a POD publisher with aweful typographical errors (like all commas in the main font being replaced by an ff ligature). Obviously the printer didn't check their results. The file reads fine both for me and the publisher, but the printer let us know that the file is unprintable due to problems with fonts not being embedded (why they originally printed an "unprintable" file I'll never know).

Now as far as I can tell, fonts are embedded. It was made with context MKII, using hz and hanging punctuation, etc. When I look at the document in Adobe Acrobat, and check the document/font details, it gives a list of embedded fonts only.

I'm not certain that the printer is in the right, but how can I tell? Is it possible that the pdf was altered when transferred from me to the publisher then to the printer? That compression of the pdf (zip) had any impact? Any other possibilities? What do you need to know to offer advice? ---I can send the file or a part of it if it is needed.

Best,
David