Dnia Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 05:24:56PM +0100, Diego Depaoli napisał(a):
> 2008/10/25 Marcin Borkowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Dnia Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 02:58:24AM +0200, Diego Depaoli napisa&#322;(a):
> > This code seems to work (approximately) like this: it expands the "full"
> > reference, which is:
> > and selects "everything from the first dot up to the second one (w/o the
> > dots themselves).  So I consider it to be a bit dirty hack (sorry,
> > Wolfgang;)), in a sense that it is not very flexible.
> Thanks for clarification, here I begin to understand
>
> > If your stopper is, say ")" (and the second one, say, "]", so you have
> > references in a strange form like "1)2]"), you might want to say
> > something like
> > \def\doItemNumber #1)#2]#3\relax
> mmmm... I tried before posting... doesn't work

Could you please send me a minimal example?

> > \edef\sometemporarymacroname{%
> >  \def\noexpand\doItemNumber ##1\stopper ##2\stopperr ##3\relax
> >  {\noexpand\doifelsenothing{##2}
> >    {##1}
> >    {##2}}%
> > }%
> > \sometemporarymacroname
> Here I stop understand and I can't get this code working.
> Could you give me a full example?

As above; send me a file, I'll try to do something.  Still, I'm not
really sure this would work, it was only a rough idea.  I'll explain it
later (it's 1:30 AM here in Poland;)).

> > I'm not sure whether this works, though, *please* check it and tell me
> > (maybe I'm doing some stupid error, please the TeX gurus correct me if
> > yes).  I hope this is ok, though, because then it my first post to this
> > list containing actually an _answer_ and not a _question_:))).
> This time will never come for me.

If you follow the path of TeX, your expertise will gradually rise;).
You'll never notice, though, until people start coming to you asking
questions, and will be baffled by your expert-like,
impossible-to-understand-and-technical answers;).

> Cheers
> --
> Diego Depaoli

Greets

--
Marcin Borkowski (http://mbork.pl)

- Gandalf!  A ja myślałem, że nie żyjesz.  Co prawda o sobie też byłem
tego zdania.
                                Sam Gamgee