Wolfgang Schuster schrieb:
> Am 11.11.2008 um 17:40 schrieb Peter Rolf:
>
>>> You should write new typescripts/files for MkIV because you could
>>> use Truetype fonts without map and tfm files.
>>>
>> Yes, this works and is also faster. But now I have a different
>> positioning (text baseline is too low, plus bigger interline spacing),
>> caused by a too big strut height. A direct font switch like \TestFont
>> doesn't change the strut height nor the interline spacing. So I
>> always add
>>
>> \TestFont\setstrut\setupinterlinespace
>>
>> after each font switch. Doesn't work anymore in mkiv. More code to
>> adapt?
>

> This was discussed last week, if you need the same baseline distance
> use the value from MkII or use a fix distance like 12pt.
>
> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20081105.030003.aa31c1e4.en.html

I followed that one. But my problem is more the *wrong strut height*,
e.g. using a \totalstrut value of 12pt with a 8pt font. The strut height
is simply not adapted to the actual font size anymore (even if I use
\setstrut).

When you place the text at a fixed position (e.g. a button), it is
shifted down due to the too big strut. The wrong looking 'interline
space' is just another result of that (although the white space comes
from the big strut).

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Best wishes, Peter