I'm running TeXLive 2008.
When I compile for XeTeX (texexec --xtx) I get the following output that
appears to be generating the lmtypewriter10-regular font.  The bad part is
that this is very slow.  The part that's even worse, it does this probably
20...30...40 times?  A compilation takes 145 seconds, and about 130+ seconds
of time seem to be dealing with lmtypewriter10-regular.

This doesn't happen on small test files, so I know I'm doing something wrong.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bart

kpathsea: Running mktextfm lmtypewriter10-regular
mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode;
input lmtypewriter10-regular
This is METAFONT, Version 2.718281 (Web2C 7.5.7)

kpathsea: Running mktexmf lmtypewriter10-regular
! I can't find file `lmtypewriter10-regular'.
<*> ...; nonstopmode; input lmtypewriter10-regular

Please type another input file name
! Emergency stop.
<*> ...; nonstopmode; input lmtypewriter10-regular

Transcript written on mfput.log.
grep: lmtypewriter10-regular.log: No such file or directory
mktextfm: `mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input
lmtypewriter10-regular' failed to make lmtypewriter10-regular.tfm.

kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.