Thanks Wolfgang.

I looked at Taco's diff file and changed the routines in syst-lua.lua.
However, I followed you're lead and changed core-job.lua and it works!  Yes
the footnotes come out.

New problem (also happens on MkII), if there are a lot of end notes, instead
of going to the next page after the first page is filled, they go to the
bottom of the first page and dissappear off the bottom.  The page count
appears to be correct, but the notes are the second page.

How to I get the footnotes (end notes) to appear on more than one page.  I'm
using footnote/placefootnotes combination to product the end notes.

Help!

Bart