On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 7:35 PM, Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> Mojca,
>
> I tried "./first-setup.sh --extras=lettrine,tikz", however, this seems to be
> broken

Try --extras=t-lettrine,t-tikz. (Maybe providing only lettrine and
tikz should also work - it's not that hard to modify the syntax to fix
that.)

> a) I don't like the idea of modifying first-setup.sh, as problem would be
> that of maintenance as my local version might risk to miss important
> modifications made to this file. My preference is therefore to have locally
> a simple shell script (update.sh):

./first-setup.sh is hardly ever modified. mtx-update.lua gets updated.
But sure - you can have your own local version. first-setup.sh is only
an example how to use mtx-update.lua script.

> b) texmf-local is good for other files that have not yet made it into the
> contextgarden (or that will probably not be included). One example of this
> is pgfplots.

That one is not on the "will-not-be-added" list. I just need to take a
fraction of time to figure out how to set up auto-updating it and
which files are needed. It could be packed together with t-tikz, I
guess.

> Finally, documentation is sorely missing.

You mean documentation for mtx-update.lua itself?

> Of course the wiki will need to be
> updated. I hesitate always to do this until I feel that I really understand
> what is going on. I would also like to see a --help option (to be parsed by
> mtx-update.lua).

Doesn't it work for you (I do not claim that it's informative though)?

MtxRun | version 1.1.0 - 2007+ - PRAGMA ADE / CONTEXT | download tools
MtxRun |
MtxRun | --platform=string     platform (windows, linux, linux-64,
osx-intel, osx-ppc, linux-ppc)
MtxRun | --server=string       repository url (rsync://contextgarden.net)
MtxRun | --module=string       repository url (minimals)
MtxRun | --repository=string   specify version (current, experimental)
MtxRun | --context=string      specify version (current, latest, yyyy.mm.dd)
MtxRun | --rsync=string        rsync binary (rsync)
MtxRun | --texroot=string      installation directory (not guessed for
the moment)
MtxRun | --engine=string       tex engine (luatex, pdftex, xetex)
MtxRun | --extras=string       extra modules (can be list or 'all')
MtxRun | --force               instead of a dryrun, do the real thing
MtxRun | --update              update minimal tree
MtxRun | --make                also make formats and generate file databases
MtxRun | --keep                don't delete unused or obsolete files
MtxRun | --state               update tree using saved state

Mojca