Hi,

I just go mad with a grid based document that contains several naturalTABLEs and figures.

When I want to place those at the top of the page, their top edge is sometimes higher, sometimes lower than expected. Experimenting with different figure height (and different heights of the first row of the tables) showed that these values move the float up or down!!

The result looks very bad (jumping up, jumping down) ...

Thus, two urgent questions:

1)
How can I force that the top edge is always exactly (!) at the same vertical position, same for ALL tables and figures?

2)
If  1) is impossible:
How can I manually move a textwidth table/figure the should be placed "top" a little bit vertically (like +/- 2pt)?

Thanks,