On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 8:35 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 2:53 AM, Fengnan Gao wrote:

What version of LuaTeX is in Windows distribution? Maybe I forgot to
update it. I'll check tomorrow (you can try to fetch the version from
W32TeX).

Mojca

C:\Users\fnsteed>luatex --credits
This is LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.31.2-2008121200, build 1659
Hope that'll help.

I'm clueless then. If version mismatch doesn't explain it and if there
are no error messages, then I'm running out of ideas.

What happens if you run first-setup.bat again, delete the contents of
D:/context/tex/texmf-cache, open cmd, go to the folder with your
document, and then type:

D:\context\tex\setuptex
luatools --generate
context --make
context test.tex

There's one more thing that you can try. In case that rsync is
problematic, there's a way to circumvent it, but I doubt that it would
do a difference.

Download
    http://minimals.contextgarden.net/pragma/justtex.zip
    http://minimals.contextgarden.net/pragma/mswin.zip
Unzip both of them together, for example into D:\context2, run
    > D:\context2\tex\setuptex
    > mktexlsr
    > luatools --generate
    > context make
    > context test.tex

Mojca

I'm having the same problem, and I have some more information.

First, I have context-minimals installed on Windows XP, SP2, Intel Pentium D (3.2GHz), 2GB of RAM. My current ConTeXt version is "2008.11.10 21:40".

I don't have the problem when I run "texexec test.tex", only when I run "texexec --lua text.tex" or "context text.tex".

I previously had something like 2008.10.31 installed. That version did not have this problem.

I tried both of Mojca's suggested sequences above and neither had any effect on the problem. With a test.tex file of this:

\starttext
Hello, world!
\stoptext

the resulting PDF file has two pages. The first has "H e l" spread across the middle of the page, and the second has "l o , w" spread across the page. The characters are of the expected size, just spread out.

If I add "\setupbodyfont[lbr,6pt]" at the beginning of test.tex, then I get a single page with "Hello," and "world!" spread out across the page in two lines of small characters.

If I add "\showgrid", then the resulting page has only one full-width horizontal grid line where without the --lua option, I get 41 horizontal grid lines. (At the default font size.)

I hope this helps,
Tad