Hans Hagen schrieb:
Peter Rolf wrote:
Hi all,

can someone test the attached example with the (latest) alpha version of ConTeXt? Using mkiv I get no additional space in case of the \scratchdimen example. I tried it with two new installations (minimals) from the scratch and also used several luatex versions, but the error remains. Strange...

well, you can never rely on scratchdimen not being used inside the macro that you call (in this case it's used right at the start of \framed)

i forgot for one second, that context is evolving...  :)
for mkiv i now use a local scratchdimen but you can not rely on that to happen fro all places where i use scratcdimen myself

no need to change things on your side. i already use private (scratchdimen) registers in nearly all of my macros, so i'll simply fix the remaining ones.

\def\Space#1#2%
 {\expanded
    {\framed
       [width=\the\dimexpr#1\relax,