Am 20.01.2009 um 23:51 schrieb Alan BRASLAU:

I, too, do not understand the
\definetextbackground
\starttextbackground
\stoptextbackground
commands, even though I tried looking at "details.pdf" (and core- pgr.tex). My particular problem is rather classic, that of illustrating examples, set off from the main text.
I first used
\defineframedtext [example]
[width=fit,background=screen,backgroundscreen=0.7]
\startexample
\stopexample
and this is appropriate if the example is short enough to fit on one page. However, a long example (many paragraphs) that spans more than one page
runs off the bottom.
Textbackground seems more appropriate, so I tried
\definetextbackground [example]
[location=paragraph,backgroundcolor=middlegray,frame=off]
\definestartstop [example]
[before={\starttextbackground[example]},after=\stoptextbackground]
but this does not work. I tried other variants (such as adding state=start, ...) with no success. Does anyone have suggestions on where to look for further documentation or examples of use?

This works for me.

\setupcolors[state=start]

\definetextbackground
  [example]