Hi,

The solution works indeed. Thanks to all of you. There is a related refinement I'd like but don't know Context enough to bring by myself:

\starttext
This is a combination of 3 figures on two lines
\placefigure{none}
{
\midaligned{
        \startcombination[1*2]
                {\startcombination[2*1]
                        {}{}
                        {}{}
                \stopcombination}
                {\externalfigure[cow.jpg][width=some width]}{some blabla}
        \stopcombination
        }
}

\stoptext

On the third figure: is there a mean to set the width of 'some blabla' equal to the width of the figure.

Best regards,
Nicolas