Mojca Miklavec wrote:
On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 7:54 PM, J.A.J. Pater wrote:
My guess was incorrect.
I copy-pasted the underneath text into my test file and I got good results.
No tXeTnoC.
So here it just works like a charm.

I'm sorry. I accidentally commented out \setcharactermirroring[1]
while switching between XeTeX and LuaTeX. So this time just for fun:
XeTeX doesn't know textdir command, so I commented out both textdir
and setcharactermirroring. And then you get XtEConT with XeTeX :) :)
:)

xetex uses the etex bidi method (\beginL .. \endL and such)

I used the wrong set of direction-switching commands, though it's
still interesting that XeTeX and LuaTeX both accept input, but
generate completely different results. (\pardir without \textdir has
no influence in mkiv while it changes word stacking direction in
XeTeX.)

well, since they both use different rl machinery it can never be the same;