Am 04.02.2009 um 13:51 schrieb Mari Voipio:

I'm stuck: I have to get at least my ConTeXt to typeset Russian. No ifs or buts, it has to compile a file where the text is in Russian. Getting my ConTeXt to do it can involve installing a font or updating or something, as long as I get it to work in my XP.

[...]

Any hints on what to do next?

I tried just a moment ago to typeset russian in a machine where I have
only Hans standalone for Windows (mswincontext) and had no problem to
get a correct output.

1. I started scite (cscite.bat)
2. Opened a new tab
3. Select "UTF-8" in menu File/Encoding
4. Inserted the Russian example [1] for MkIV example from wiki in my tab
5. Added "% engine=luatex" at the begin of the file
6. Saved the file on my disk
7. Choose the "Process TeX file" from the Tools menu.
8. Got a pdf file with russian text.

[1] http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Russian#Using_cyrillic_with_ConTeXt_MkIV

The only thing I think in the standalone was to update to the last current
and used a newer LuaTeX version (0.30.3).

Wolfgang