Hi,

there was a question in the german TeX newgroupd how create
a table with borders on all which allows one to split the
content at the end of the page.

Although he used LaTeX I was looking for a ConTeXt solution,
splitting the content is possible with tabulate but vertical
lines are a problem.

A found a solution with textackground but it did only work
for the longest column. I guess I can solve it with twopass
data but does any of you know a simpler solution.

\definetextbackground
  [tableframe]
  [background=,
   location=paragraph,
   leftoffset=.5em]

\starttext

\starttabulate[|j0p(2cm)|i0p|]
\NC \starttableframe knuth \stoptableframe
\NC \starttableframe \input knuth \stoptableframe \NC\NR
\NC \starttableframe tufte \stoptableframe
\NC \starttableframe \input tufte \stoptableframe \NC\NR
\NC \starttableframe ward  \stoptableframe
\NC \starttableframe \input ward  \stoptableframe \NC\NR
\NC \starttableframe zapf  \stoptableframe
\NC \starttableframe \input zapf  \stoptableframe \NC\NR
\NC \starttableframe knuth \stoptableframe
\NC \starttableframe \input knuth \stoptableframe \NC\NR
\NC \starttableframe tufte \stoptableframe
\NC \starttableframe \input tufte \stoptableframe \NC\NR
\NC \starttableframe ward  \stoptableframe
\NC \starttableframe \input ward  \stoptableframe \NC\NR
\NC \starttableframe zapf  \stoptableframe
\NC \starttableframe \input zapf  \stoptableframe \NC\NR
\stoptabulate

\stoptext

Wolfgang