Taco Hoekwater wrote:
Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfg...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi,

the \digits command cause a error message with the last beta in MkIV.

This took much more longer than it should. In supp-num.tex, there is
this definition:

\def\dohandledigits
  {\mathcode`\,="013B \mathcode`\.="013A % pretty hard coded
   \expandafter\handletokens\collecteddigits\with\scandigits
   \ifcase\powerdigits\else\digitpowerseparator^{\savedpowerdigits}\fi}

which is causing the trouble. I assume this is just to move them out of
the way, so replacing the two ones with zeroes probably works (?).

ok, so we need

\startmode[mkiv]

    \def\dohandledigits
      {\mathcode`\,="003B \mathcode`\.="003A % pretty hard coded
       \expandafter\handletokens\collecteddigits\with\scandigits
       \ifcase\powerdigits\else\digitpowerseparator^{\savedpowerdigits}\fi}

\stopmode

\startnotmode[mkiv]

    \def\dohandledigits
      {\mathcode`\,="013B \mathcode`\.="013A % pretty hard coded
       \expandafter\handletokens\collecteddigits\with\scandigits
       \ifcase\powerdigits\else\digitpowerseparator^{\savedpowerdigits}\fi}

\stopnotmode

it is on my agenda to rewrite digits in lua (we use it at pragma so i have a motive)