Dnia Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 02:44:53PM +0100, Wolfgang Schuster napisał(a):

> Am 05.03.2009 um 14:25 schrieb Alan Stone:
>
> >After giving it some further thought and with reference to "specifies
> >the number of lines in the
> >paragraph so far", I don't need to know the paragraph's number of
> >lines but whether its "number of lines" = 1 or not.
>

> You can test whether the last paragraph had 1 or more lines and make
> your decision dependent on the result but this can be done only after
> the paragraph ist finished.

Well, Wolfgang, you'll be surprised: it can be done (even in pure
vanilla TeX), at the expense of (possibly) nonuniform spacing.  Google
for a file "meashor.tex":).  (In Poland, we have a saying: "nasi górą!"
-- roughly "our people win!" -- I can't resist citing it here, since it
was Bogusław Jackowski who wrote that macros:)).

Regards

--
Marcin Borkowski (http://mbork.pl)

Remember that direct plagiarism, including the editing of other
people's work, is distinctly uncool.

                                    (Mark's Pixel Art Tutorial)