On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 15:33, John Hughes wrote:
> What is the correct way of selecting a font and using OpenType
> features? I have tried
>
> \definetypeface[linlib][rm][Xserif][Linux Libertine][features=oldstyle]
> \setupbodyfont[linlib, 12pt]
>
> but the output prints Computer Modern (and not with old-style
> numerals). The font seems to work without the "features=oldstyle", but
> I am not sure how to select the font and some OpenType features. I
> don't seem to be able to find any documentation.

Hello,

the only documentation is type-xtx.tex source code. The Xserif hack
that has originally been written by Adam Lindsey now reads as:

    \starttypescript[Xserif][all][name]

    \definefontsynonym[Dummy]          [name:\typescripttwo]
[features=default]
    \definefontsynonym[Serif]           [Dummy]

This means that [features=default] is hardcoded into the syntax. I
didn't try it, but to make something work the way you would like it,
one would need to modify the hack into something like this:

    \definefontsynonym[Dummy] [name:\typescripttwo] [\typescriptthree]

(but this would need some thinking, I do not suggest doing this
modification right away even if it works).

Else you can use "classical" typescripts as those in pdftex and luatex
(see type-otf.tex, type-tmf.tex etc.) - numerous examples spread
around.

A kind-of-dirty, but most simple trick is to just redefine default features:

>From font-ini.mkii:

\definefontfeature
  [default]
  [liga=yes,kern=yes,tlig=yes,trep=yes]
\definefontfeature
  [oldstyle]
  [liga=yes,kern=yes,tlig=yes,trep=yes,onum=yes]

Just put the following definition on top of your document:

\definefontfeature
  [default]
  [liga=yes,kern=yes,tlig=yes,trep=yes,onum=yes]

Mojca