Am 17.03.2009 um 00:53 schrieb Corin Royal Drummond:

Hi Friends,

Still working on having a travelogue with a text column on one side, and then a plate of color photos on the opposite page. Floats are working well for this with \startcombination[2*2]. My problem is that the text pages, have a wide margin to accommodate marginal graphics, and I don't know how to switch to a wide layout with tiny backspace and margin just for the combination floats. I'm trying: ...
\definepapersize[wide][width=9in, height=7in]
\setuppapersize[wide][wide]

\setuplayout [location=middle, marking=on, topspace=.5cm, height=6.5in, width=4.5in, margin=3.5in, backspace= 2cm, footer=. 9cm, header=.9cm]
\definelayout [photopage][width=7.5in, margin=.5cm, backspace=1.5cm, ]

...lots of text in chapters...
\setuplayout[photopage]
\placefigure{none}
{\startcombination[2*2]
{\externalfigure[yucatan1][width=.5\textwidth]}{A old church on the way from Merida to Celestun} {\externalfigure[yucatan2][width=.5\textwidth]}{A gorgeous decaying hacienda} {\externalfigure[yucatan3][width=.5\textwidth]}{Typical Yucatecan thatched adobe dwelling}
{\externalfigure[yucatan4][width=.5\textwidth]}{Thached house detail}
\stopcombination}

\page[yes]

\setuplayout[reset]
...more text in chapters...
\stoptext

I suspect that this doesn't work because of the nature of floats, but then how to slap the float into a new layout setup with appropriate margins?

Wolfgang