En/na Taco Hoekwater ha escrit:
Xan wrote:
Good idea.
Just a suggestion. If someone starts new documentation, it should be
free. Now the "only" documentation for users is "ConTeXt manual",
"Context, an excursion" (and some PracTeX journal and MAPS journal
articles). These documents are copyrated by Pragma. And for the other
hand the license of documentation of ConTeXt is Creative Commons
Atribution Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0.

I think it's better if the new documentation were free: Creative Commons
Attribution 3.0, Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 or GNU
Free Documentation License. It could estimulate more users than now.
It's my opinion.

You missed the reference manual rewrite effort (which is now in
remission mostly because of an extremely depressing lack of user
feedback).

  http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page#Documentation

That is GNU FDL.

You refer to this link [http://foundry.supelec.fr/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/context-reference/en/?root=contextman]??

Where is the license explicited? There is no README/LICENSE or analogous file and no head license in every .tex file.

Ooops, not: in [http://foundry.supelec.fr/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/context-reference/en/contextref.tex?root=contextman&view=markup] I see the license. Sorry

But should it put in every .tex file or in a LICENSE file? I'm not lawyer. Just a question.
Really how many people are using ConTeXt and how many developers are here?
For example, how many people are subscribing in this list: it could
tells us what's the number of users.

About 500, IIRC.
Thanks Taco.

Xan.