On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 09:53, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> On Mar 25, 2009, at 9:43 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I tested only on my Intel Mac at home this morning.
>> texlua on OSX-PPC is still broken.
>>
>> It works with my self-compiled LuaTeX 0.36.0
>> Should I send my luatex/texlua binary to anyone?
>>
>> Greetlings, Hraban
>
> Hmm, it's broken on your computer, but it's working (with one exception) on
> mine. You're still using 10.4, right? Maybe we should use binaries compiled
> on 10.4, if they are upwards compatible with 10.5. Mojca, Arthur?

Dear "Macies",

The answer to the first question: yes, I'm almost sure that current is
broken since it needs an older version of LuaTeX, but it's kind of
hard to keep up with Hans, esp. because the scripts need to be
rewritten if we want to support multiple LuaTeX versions, but then
there's still a problem: what LuaTeX version with what version of
ConTeXt? (I do plan to fix it, but I'm in chronical lack of time until
summer if I want to finish 33 15-pages reports and thesis in TeX
without getting distracted by the issues encountered while writing
them. But I'll do my best to fix the most urgent issues.)

Concerning the Mac PPC problem: I committed luatex 0.35 some time ago.
When 0.36 came out I had some temporary problems, so Arthur commited
his binaries that apparently didn't work. Thomas then re-submitted
luatex 0.36 and other binaries.

I cannot help with mac binaries at the moment since my computer is
being repaired. And after I get it back I'll probably replace hard
drive and install Leopard. (The system doesn't boot any more, so I
won't be able to work on Mac OS X before I install everything from
scratch, so please do not expect any Mac support from me until end of
next week.) I''ll try to figure out how to compile in
backward-compatibility mode. If we managed to cross-compile for PPC, I
hope that cross-compiling for 10.4 will be possible as well.

All I can do at the moment is to revert back to LuaTeX 0.35. If that
is what you want, please let me know. Else, if your self-compiled
binary works for you, please send it to Thomas and let him try it out
and commit it to the repository.

Mojca