> the problem is in your definition of 'end' and 'bottom'

??
end := end of run
bottom := bottom of last page, in this case

> the real final thing is \end and \everygoodbye happens just before that
> (the only calls after it are postponed error messages, which have no
> consequence for any pdf and the primitive \end which is really needed)

yes, as I seen  in \def\stoptext

> of course there can be pending conditional branches that needs to be
> finished; just try \appendtoks\tracingall\to\everygoodbye

true

> You can also do something
>
> \startluacode
>    table.insert(input.stop_actions, function()
>        texio.write_nl("I still have no clue why you need it.")
>    end)
> \stopluacode

 ok thank you -- I like lua code  --

> any other hook in itself will introduce a new situation of 'something done
> before the real \end'

exactly what I mean:
"any other hook in itself will introduce a new situation of 'something done
before the real \end'"
that potentially can modify current page .

Consider this:
between
final_cleanup; {prepare for death}

and
end_of_TEX: close_files_and_terminate;

insert
{************* MY HACK ************}
almost_death ;{I see state, but it's  'frozen' so any modification  will
never influence  pdf or dvi , only to log or terminal or external files}
{*******************************************}

in   almost_death you can do what ever you want -- you will never modify
(relevant part of ) state
that can influence final pdf or dvi .

@ Now this is really it: \TeX\ starts and ends here.

The initial test involving |ready_already| should be deleted if the
\PASCAL\ runtime system is smart enough to detect such a ``mistake.''
@^system dependencies@>

@p begin @!{|start_here|}
history:=fatal_error_stop; {in case we quit during initialization}
t_open_out; {open the terminal for output}
if ready_already=314159 then goto start_of_TEX;
@<Check the ``constant'' values...@>@;
if bad>0 then
  begin wterm_ln('Ouch---my internal constants have been clobbered!',
    '---case ',bad:1);
@.Ouch...clobbered@>
  goto final_end;
  end;
initialize; {set global variables to their starting values}
@!init if not get_strings_started then goto final_end;
init_prim; {call |primitive| for each primitive}
init_str_ptr:=str_ptr; init_pool_ptr:=pool_ptr; fix_date_and_time;
tini@/
ready_already:=314159;
start_of_TEX: @<Initialize the output routines@>;
@<Get the first line of input and prepare to start@>;
history:=spotless; {ready to go!}
@<Initialize synctex primitive@>
main_control; {come to life}
final_cleanup; {prepare for death}
{************* MY HACK ************}
almost_death ;{I see state, but it's  'frozen' so any modification  will
never influence  pdf or dvi , only to log or terminal or external files}
{*******************************************}
end_of_TEX: close_files_and_terminate;
final_end: ready_already:=0;
end.

=======================================

anyway,  as I wrote , this is not bad:

\def\LuigisWhateverShouldHappen{\immediate\write16{BOOOM!}Something
Luigi want to do for some unknown reason.\immediate\write16{BOOOM!}}

\appendtoks\LuigisWhateverShouldHappen \to \everylastshipout
\starttext
hello
\stoptext

\LuigisWhateverShouldHappen
can be made more robust -- for example you can find a way to nullify
"Something...reason." so it doesn't appear on final pdf , and so on --

--
luigi