Am 10.04.2009 um 00:53 schrieb luigi scarso:

and why so many '%'?
prevent spurios spaces

after \relax?

\newdimen checks for the existence of a control sequence

the point is that on minimals-beta there is an error,
on minimals no , but xpdf says

Error: ExtGState 'Tr0' is unknown
Error: ExtGState 'Tr0' is unknown
Error: ExtGState 'Tr0' is unknown
Error: ExtGState 'Tr0' is unknown
Error: ExtGState 'Tr0' is unknown

The code is not wrong -- maybe a bit strange

works fine here with preview app or adobe reader

Also this is ok in minimals
fails in minimals-beta,
and I think It's legal code, but I can fail .

\newdimen\currentlayerheight
\starttext
\currentlayerheight=\dimexpr 12pt +0pt\relax%
\the\currentlayerheight
\stoptex\newdimen\currentlayerheight

current: \newdimen\currentlayerheight -> create new dimen register

beta: \newdimen\currentlayerheight -> check if \currentlayerheight is already defined, it true write a message to the terminal and do nothing else create a new dimen register what did not happen here because \currentlayerheight is defined in page-lyr.tex

Wolfgang