On Fri, 10 Apr 2009, Andy Wong wrote:

I think I may not write it clear in my previous email. I run the command as

mtxrun --noquotes bin:vim "-u NONE -c \"set tabstop=8\" \"test.tex\""

If you quote the filename, then it should be

mtxrun --noquotes bin:vim "-u NONE -c \"set tabstop=8\" \"test.tex\" "

Notice the space before the last quote. This will open two files test.tex and "", but that it is ok. The last file is ignored by t-vim.

which got the mtxrun output has spurious " before test.tex. if omit the \"
around the test.tex, like this,

mtxrun --noquotes bin:vim "-u NONE -c \"set tabstop=8\" test.tex"

there are no spurious " in mtxrun output.

So it is not mtxrun's fault.

However, both will make vim open a
new file named "tabset=8"

You mean tabstop=8?

and the test.tex to be edited. That is the
problem. I guess under linux this command should open vim to edit the
test.tex only instead.

If vim is passed the correct command, I do not see why it should not execute it in the same way in windows. Try one more thing. Run

mtxrun --noquotes bin:vim "-u NONE -c \"set tabstop=8\" \"test.tex\" "

mtxrun should report that it is executing

vim -u NONE -c "set tabstop=8" "test.tex"

Execute the above command manually on the terminal. Do you get the same result
in both cases?

Aditya