Am 2009-05-07 um 18:34 schrieb Hans Hagen:

5. Footnotes
- footnote marks are missing in the text
- footnote numbering is strange (e.g. jumps from 3 to 24 and from 29 to 210 in my project - that was 2.4, 2.9 and 2.10 before, I guess, but these aren't even the right part or chapter numbers; in my minimal example the numbers are "chapternumber footnotenumber") Can I motivate you (Hans etc.) to fix this anyhow? Swiss Chocolate? Money? Prayers?

let me think about that ...

anyhow, a new beta with some footnote fixes ... keep in mind that we're moving towards more control and some settings have changed:

\setupnote[footnote][numberconversion=set 1]

there are a lot of new keys (see top of strc-ini.tex) depending on what number is used; the settings travel with the number

also, footnotes are now enumerations and can have subnotes which is handy for users like Idris and Thomas who normally have more notes than text in their documents so any additional structure helps

one: \footnote{Note One}
sub one: \subfootnote{Sub Note One}
sub two: \subfootnote{Sub Note Two}
sub sub one: \subsubfootnote{Sub Sub Note One}

but it needs documentation

Thank you for the hints; I still don't understand what's the replacement for "way=bypage".

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/