Alan BRASLAU wrote:
On Wednesday 13 May 2009 10:33:18 Hans Hagen wrote:
Alan BRASLAU wrote:
Works correctly (bonds in red, atoms in black):

\usemodule[chemic]
\setupchemical[rulecolor=red]
\starttext
\startchemical
        \chemical[ONE,SB,Z0][C]
\stopchemical
\stoptext

However, the following variant does not work.

\usemodule[chemic]
\starttext
\startchemical[rulecolor=red]
        \chemical[ONE,SB,Z0][C]
\stopchemical
\stoptext

I don't understand, as my (quick) look at the source code
indicates that the parameters should be handled identically.
no, that was actually the problem ... local vs global ... for the moment
set it up local (per formula) as i need to make an inheritance chain

now that i've split in mkii/mkiv that's easier since we no longer have
to keep things working in latex (which means that we can use more core
helper code)

just remind me occasionally

OK. The following extension would also be useful:

\usemodule[chemic]
\starttext
\startchemical
        \chemical[SIX,B,rulecolor=red,AU][]
\stopchemical
\stoptext

in mkiv syntax that is:

\defineprocessor[chemred][color=red]

\startchemical
        \chemical[SIX,SB,C135,R,Z][chemred->A,chemred->C,chemred->C]
\stopchemical

we can rewrite ppchtex a bit but it depends on how much time you want to spend on filling in the holes that i will create (i can make the framework)