On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 05:45, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Fri, 22 May 2009, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Just to let you know - thanks to John Bowman (Michail Vidiassov is
>> also working on it) these are some latest posts from asymptote
>> developers on their forum - if anyone would like to play with
>> asymptote, feel free to test.
>
> This is great. However, even simple examples do not work. I will test in
> more detail later. Is there some settings to get a verbose output on what
> asymptote is doing (-v just says Processing filename, which is not too
> informative).

Sorry, I forgot to tell (and I forgot that I have been using this
before at all):

> You can generate examples that use these constructs in settings.cc like this:
>     asy -k labelsquare
> Then see the file labelsquare_.tex

On my computer I have a file
    /opt/local/share/doc/asymptote/examples/labelsquare.asy
for example. You need to copy that file (or any other asymptote file)
on working directory and run
    asy -k -tex context labelsquare
At least that is my guess. Using
    asy -k -tex xelatex labelsquare
works here and generates all the intermediate files
    labelsquare.pdf
    labelsquare_.aux
    labelsquare_.log
    labelsquare_.tex
    labelsquare_0.eps
    labelsquare_0.pdf
and I'm waiting for a release since I have no idea how to compile from
source (thanks to Arthur's pointer - the build in TL works fine with
-DBROKENCOMPILER switch, but it doesn't have the ConTeXt patches
included yet). I could copy-paste single files, but I'll wait a bit
longer to be able to test the official release.

Mojca