John Haltiwanger wrote:
On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Wolfgang Schuster <
schuster.wolfg...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Am 25.05.2009 um 18:30 schrieb John Haltiwanger:

 I am not averse to rolling my own, I am just confused why, if environments
are so powerful and flexible (flexible meaning one can easily change
things,
unlike document classes), there are no pre-rolled environments available..
am thinking here of standardized thesis environments for universities, or
nice letter environment to demonstrate the beauty of TeX.

There are a lot of letter styles are available for ConTeXt, what's wrong
with them?

• http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Letter_stylehttp://wiki.contextgarden.net/Letter

Wolfgang

Thank you for those! I had not come across them yet. I was responding to
Henning's statement that "there are nearly no ready-to-use ConTeXt
environments available". In fact I realize I had misread that until right
now, having missed the 'nearly' that qualifies the statement. Sorry for the
confusion.

Also, I don't want it to seem like I don't enjoy rolling my own documents.
While I'm new at it, I quite like interfacing with documents in this
'programming' way.

in tex/context/[base|third], take a look at:

m-* : specialized  modules
s-* : styles
x-* : xml relatex modules
t-* : third party modules