Hello,

I'm glad to report that I made a simple application (sorry, only forWindows at the moment) that coverts text from Ms Word (or other editors) or HTML pages (web sites) into TeX.

DOWNLOAD LINK (280 KB):
http://ul.to/hmpy60

The app recognizes at the moment only following formats/tags:
Bold (<b>), Italic (<i>), Header 1 (<h1>), Header 2 (<h2>), Header 3 (<h3>).

It coverts NOBREAK_SPACE (A0) into ~, &nbsp into \enskip, &quot; into ", &amp; into \&, and &lt; &gt; into < >.

It is UTF-8 ready.

USAGE: copy desired text fragment from Word or web page into clipboard, and click big "Get..." button and see the result in the bottom field. Click "Copy Result" to get TeX-formatted text back into the clipboard, and paste it into your editor.

KNOW ISSUES: Some crap from Word formatting like <!-- --> tags happens to leak, but it is easier at the moment to delete it manually. And sorry... awful interface.

It is very-very first alpha, I want to show it just as proof-of-concept and to get some feedback. Actually, I did it for myself to simplyfy conversion from Word into TeX. I have some documents to be converted (e.g., lecture notes), and this happens to be easy task with my tool :).

Best,
Vyatcheslav