> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:23,  <richard.steph...@converteam.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am using ConTeXt on a company Windows PC behind two firewalls with no
> > possibility of accessing or changing the firewalls. I've tried to
update
> > using the minimals installation and rsync, but nothing gets through.
What
> > is the recommended method of updating to the latest ConTeXt when rsync
is
> > not an option?
> >
> > The last time I tried, I downloaded cont-tmf.zip from
> > http://www.pragma-ade.com/download-1.htm  and unzipped the contents to
> > overwrite everything in texmf-local. Is this still the best way?

I've got myself in a terrible mess now! I downloaded cont-tmf.zip and
unzipped the contents, then tried to follow Hans' instructions, i.e.:
>    mktexlsr
>    luatools --generate
>    luatools --selfupdate
>    mtxrun   --selfupdate
>    texexec --make (for mkii)
>    context --make (for mkiv)

Unfortunately, none of these commands runs without errors! SO, I decided to
reinstall from scratch. That's where my problems really started!

I searched around the Wiki and found lots of pages on installation, but
none of them seem quite right.
I looked at  http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/minstall.pdf  but it
looks old and does not seem to relate to the stuff I've downloaded.

>From various places, I think I need to do the following, but some details
are missing:

1. Install Ruby
2. Install Perl
3. Download cont-tmf.zip and unzip contents to <installdir>
4. Set environment variables:
      OSFONTDIR = C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
      TEXMF = <installdir>\scripts\context\stubs\mswin
      TEXMFCACHE = C:\TEMP
      TEXMFCNF = <installdir>\web2c
      TEXMFOS = ??????
      others ????
5. From command window, run installation scripts:
      mktexlsr
      luatools --generate
      luatools --selfupdate
      mtxrun   --selfupdate
      texexec --make (for mkii)
      context --make (for mkiv)
6. To generate new pdf run:
      context --pdf  myfile.tex
7. Anything else I've missed ????

Thanks to all,

Richard

Converteam UK Ltd. Registration Number: 5571739 and Converteam Ltd.
Registration Number: 2416188
Registered in England and Wales.
Registered office: Boughton Road, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1BU.

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any
purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.