On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 12:26, Hans van der Meer wrote:
> When loading minimals with a shell script it appears that setuptex takes
> arguments from the calling shell script:
> script called as "script --current" contains:
> source ./setuptex
> This result in the following error message:
> mktexlsr: Done.
> The argument "/Users/hans/TeX/context/current/tex/--current" is not a valid
> TEXROOT path.
> There is no file
> "/Users/hans/TeX/context/current/tex/--current/texmf/tex/plain/base/plain.tex"
> Setting "/Users/hans/TeX/context/current/tex" as TEXROOT instead.
> I guess this cannot be the intent of setuptex. It was the intention to just
> use
> /Users/hans/TeX/context/current/tex/
> as the TEXROOT path.
> Is there a simple solution?
> Hans van der Meer

Maybe I'm wroing, but didn't it do that already? It said
   Setting "/Users/hans/TeX/context/current/tex" as TEXROOT
Well, it has complained a bit, but it nevertheless did it :)

setuptex tries to be clever about acceping an argument to pass some
other path. I don't know how shell expansion works, but it might
indeed be working a bit weird.

If you wrap the script setuptex into some other script, you could just
as well only set PATH (and maybe TEXMFCACHE).

Mojca