I have the xml sources for the Gimp manual. I can't seem to get them
to translate to a pdf. The top xml file just contains a series of
calls to subordinate files. When I run this through Context I get
just the text of the first file in no particular format and none of
the subfiles.
I have tried
texexec --environment=gimp gimp.xml
and
texexec --environment=xml gimp.xml

The Gimp advice is to use dblatex, but that seems to think it is on
a Windows system and generates errors containing code like c:\foo

Now I can hand convert each and every xml statement in each and
every subfile to a TeX equivalent but there should be a shorter
way. There are more than 600 subfiles.  Or I can write a program to
do that to either the xml source or the html derivative.  But I
hope Context will enable me to do it with less labor.

BTW the html generation works flawlessly following the approved Gimp
script.

--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95