On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 13:22, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 21.07.2009 um 10:37 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I bet that I have already asked that, but I don't find or remember the
>> answer. I would like to add some folders to TeX search path. Let's say
>> that I have:
>>   main.tex
>>   sub/include1.tex
>>
>> and would like to use "\input include1.tex" inside main.tex without
>> having to specify full path, in the same way as
>> \setupexternalfigures[directory=...] can be used. I have tried
>> \usedirectory, \usepath, \usesubpath, but neither works. Well ...
>> actually \usepath works in mkiv, but not in mkii. If I use \usepath
>> then \allinputpaths gets the folder I have specified, but it doesn't
>> seem to work.
>
> \usepath[sub]
>
> \component include1

Thanks. So basically there's no way to convince \input to work
"properly" (that is: respecting some additional input path) in mkii?
(In mkiv it seems to work, but it could be that that's just because it
interacts with its own "kpathsea".)

But then I have another question. I actually wanted to use that inside
a module (gnuplot) that uses something like

    \processmyfile[#1][#2]{
        \readlocfile{#2}{}{}
    }

I wish I remembered why I decided for \readlocfile (I guess it was for
error handling that is still waiting to be implemented). How should I
change the module in this particular case? (What should I use instead
of \readlocfile, so that the file will be found?)

Thank you,
    Mojca