Khaled Hosny wrote:
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 06:07:37PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
Khaled Hosny wrote:
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 04:34:37PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
Khaled Hosny wrote:
ConTeXt doesn't use fontconfig for detecting installed fonts, try to set
OSFONTDIR to point where your fonts are, then run:
mtxrun -script fonts -reload

Hans, is it possible to read fontconfig files to detect font directories
on linux, it is xml files and we would be interested in <dir> and
<include> tags only.
it does, given that the file can be found someplace in the tree (i added a log message so that one can see of it is found)
The standard places for fontconfig files are ~/fonts.conf and
/etc/fonts/fonts.conf, any other file is included from there, so may be
it should check for those two by default (if it doesn't already).
no, not there but before I even start thinking about adding that we need to investigate all places as i'm pretty sure that on the mac it's different (somehow 'standard' in practice is never 'standard') and there's also the order to consider, one, more, and in what order then

What I wrote above is for linux (I assumed the code is checks for OS and
sets default font paths), /etc/fonts/font.conf is read first followed by
any files included from it, then ~/.fonts.conf so that user can override
system settings.
(http://www.fontconfig.org/fontconfig-user.html has more details)

well, even the user file has to be specified so we can

- first look for a config file in the tex tree
- and if not found then load the etc one

i've added some logic to the locator but i didn't not test it (the linux servers are production machines that i don't want to touch and i have no time anyway)