Am 12.08.2009 um 07:40 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Andreas Harder wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to achieve the following:

\setMPtext{1}{ABC}
\setMPtext{2}{DEF}
\setMPtext{3}{GHI}

\starttext

\startMPpage[offset=1ex,width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight]
for i=1 upto 3:
  draw textext(\MPstring{i}) shifted(i*cm,i*cm) ;
endfor;
\stopMPpage

\stoptext

There is no error but no content either. What's wrong?

Another way to do this is to use

\TeXtext{1}{ABC} etc.

and then call

draw sometxt(i)

For Sec 4.5 of Mojca's my way on sometxt
http://dl.contextgarden.net/myway/sometxt.pdf

Thank you for the tip, I tried it, but sometext seems deprecated in mkiv ("[do we need TeXtexts in MkIV]").

I've different buffers named 1–12 and would like to pipe them to Metapost. I thought I could use a textext(\getbuffer[i])-construct, it failed. So I tried it with \setMPtext{}{} …

What is the approach to achieve this?

Thank you in advance,
        Andreas