In trying to get the math of LucidaBright working, I took as basis the file with mathdefinitions that worked under MKII; that one was derived from an original file in the ConTeXt distribution.

Typesetting "\starttext Hello world \stoptext" makes the first word "Hello" disappear.
This behaviour can be traced to the start-stop pair:
  \startrawmathcollection[lucibr]
        %\definemathcommand ...
  \stoprawmathcollection
Their inclusion (even without any definitions inside) effects the disappearance of the first word; their use came from the original file, it is no invention of mine.
\startmathcollection..\stopmathcollection do not pose this problem.

Question: why does this happen?
I must admit I am unaware of the special role of the raw variant \startrawmathcollection instead of just \startmathcollection. Is this the way to go?

Hans van der Meer