On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 20:04, John Culleton wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 August 2009 01:48:09 pm Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>
>> You are using ConTeXt minimals. You are using texexec to generate
>> the ConTeXt formats (cont-en.fmt etc.). Why would you expect a
>> format file for pure pdftex to be produced?
>
> OK, so I can't use Context-minimals and still use pdftex.  I
> discovered years ago that many plain pdftex files would work with
> texexec because Context is really an elaborate set of macros
> depending on pdftex.  I'll try texexec on my pdftex oriented file
> and see if it works.  I do most of my work in plain pdftex.

pdftex should work just fine, but the format is not generated by default.

You can use
    texexec --make plain
but then you need to convince Hans to rename the format from plain.fmt
to pdftex.fmt (or you need to rename it yourself), but unless you use
some obscure packages (or fonts) then pdftex should work just fine.
Maybe we would need to add some font map entries, but add you requests
if you need them.

Mojca