On Wed, 19 Aug 2009, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> > Since there is no more need, to keep compatibility with MKII (there are
> > already a lot of differences), I suggest - for the benefit of beginners -
> > to change at least 2 things:
> >
> > - let \framed or \externalfigure behave like \parbox and \includegraphics
> > in LaTeX, i.e. no more need to put \dontleavehmode before the command
> > (the current behaviour is just not very intuitive...)
>
> no, no and no!
>
> \starttext
> \placefigure{centered?}{\framed{vmode}}
> \placefigure{centered?}{\dontleavehmode\framed{hmode}}
> \stoptext

Hello Wolfgang,

I remember well your example. And again, it's more intuitive, if

               \placefigure{centered?}{test}
and
               \placefigure{centered?}{\framed{test}}
and
               \placefigure{centered?}{test \framed{test} test}

would behave the *same* way.

There is no real problem for *me*, but it's very difficult to explain to a
beginner (often coming from LaTeX), that here and there, a \dontleavehmode
is needed. For beginner, this behaviour creates headaches!

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/