On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:10 PM,
<olafm+cont...@kimberly.tako.de<olafm%2bcont...@kimberly.tako.de>
> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to turn off the conversion of page numbers to roman
> numerals in my appendix without any luck. Here is a minimal example:
>
>  \setuppagenumbering[way=bytext,location={bottom, right}]
>  \startsectionblockenvironment[bodypart]
>    \setuppagenumber[number=1, state=start]
>  \stopsectionblockenvironment
>  \startsectionblockenvironment[appendix]

\setupuserpagenumber[numberconversion=numbers]

\setuppagenumbering is still used for the other parameters below.

>    \setuppagenumbering[conversion=,location=bottom,left={--~},right={~--}]
>  \stopsectionblockenvironment
>
>  \starttext
>  \startbodymatter
>  \chapter{Body 1}
>  \input knuth
>  \chapter{Body 2}
>  \input knuth
>  \stopbodymatter
>
>  \startappendices
>  \chapter{App 1}
>  \input knuth
>
>  \chapter{App 2}
>  \input knuth
>  \stopappendices
>  \stoptext
>
> What am I missing? All other settings I set in \setuppagenumbering
> seem to take effect.

Please refer to this thread:
http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2009/043284.html for a related
discussion.

--
A few minutes of yours can give many minutes of education to someone less
priviledged. Go to my blog(http://teachmetowrite.blogspot.com/) and click on