Hans Hagen schrieb:
Peter Rolf wrote:

overprinting is broken under very special conditions. You need to add framed content with a defined mp overlay as background and *deactivated frame* to a layer (last of the four pairs in the example). The text of the last pair is written in the same \GSoverprint group (in this case the \GSknockout is even missing). Very obscure.

\def\reuseMPbox#1#2#3#4#5% space delimiting would save some tokens
  {\xdef\MPllx{#2}%        but it's not worth the effort and looks
   \xdef\MPlly{#3}%        ugly as well
   \xdef\MPurx{#4}%
   \xdef\MPury{#5}%
   \forcecolorhack\getobject{MP}{#1}} % else no proper color intent

the issue is as follows:

- i use attributes for such things
- and, in the backend i only look at glyph and rule nodes
- however, the reused graphic is an object
- so, i have a \forcecolorhack
- this tells the backend to treat the following node as well

Thank you Hans (also for the nice explanation)! The minimal example works here, also the first test graphic. Nevertheless there is still a bug in the definition of \forcecolorhack. The error message of my second test graphic is the same as in

http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20090901.094156.1dc47c81.en.html

So you should be able to produce the error with that example. The last time I simply used the old (commented) definition and everything worked again. I even looked at the definition of leaders that time (last used in LaTeX around eight years ago) and I think \zeropoint is no valid glue value here.

there are a few more places where this is needed and in due time it will be sorted out

I don't know if I should laugh or cry here. It took me nearly two days to make that minimal example. I'll interpret your last sentence as black humour... :)

Best wishes,  Peter