David Arnold wrote:
Hans,

My impression from reading installation directions for minimals is that when you open a shell, and if you have your .bash_profile configured, that setuptex will be sourced. That must set some sort of path while the current shell is active? Will that interfere with needing to suddenly latex a file?

D.