On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 19:24, Vnpenguin wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 18:50, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 18:00, Vnpenguin wrote:
>>>
>>> pdftex: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by pdftex)
>>>
>>> glibc.i686                                               2.5-42
>>>
>>> Any help for this problem ?
>>
>> Yes, the easy answer would be "upgrade your linux", but we probably
>> want the binaries to run on slightly older machines as well.
>
> My box CentOS 5.4 with all updates. What do you mean "upgrade" ?

Hello,

Apparently it means that CentOS uses something like a
several-years-span-back-in-time libc library and you cannot do much
about it. That's no problem in general since you would not take a
suse-compiled firefox and take the binary to your CentOS.

You are the first user that has complained so far (most probably
because you are the first user to try ConTeXt on CentOS). There are
several options:
a) (dangerous; I would not do it) install a more recent version of
libc on your machine
b) we need to set up some virtual machine with an old linux and
compile binaries there or find someone else with a reasonably old
64-bit linux server
c) you would need to compile the binaries for minimals on regular basis
d) since LuaTeX works fine, just stick to MKIV (MKII is highly
unsuitable for writing Vietnamese anyway :) :) :)
e) Reinhard was trying to convince me to typeset some of his
Vietnamese documents in ConTeXt back in May. Those test documents have
revealed quite some bugs in font setups in ConTeXt MKII. If Reinhard
still neeeds fixed Vietnamese in ConTeXt MKII, we'll gladly give him
svn account to commit 64-bit linux binaries for minimals, so that he
doesn't get out of "the art of compiling TeX binaries exercise"
between the long breaks in TeX Live releases.

I suggest you to go for D, at least for a moment. The rest highly
depends on you. E is not to be taken too seriously.

Mojca