On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 17:06, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 11.11.2009 um 17:02 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:
>> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 16:54, Hans Hagen wrote:
>>
>>> just: \font\test=<filename>.tfm  \test
>>>
>>> \dorecurse{255}{\recurselevel: \char\recurselevel\par}
>>
>> With \font\test=txmi.tfm \test I get just empty pages and .vf doesn't
>> work at all.
>
> Load the map file: \loadmapfile[original-youngryu-tx.map]

Does that work for you (it doesn't here, but as I said ... I have very
bad karma).
txmi is not in that map file since txmi.vf is used instead.

But at least the vf file is almost-readable.

(MAPFONT D 0
   (FONTNAME rtxmi)
(MAPFONT D 1
   (FONTNAME rtxptmri)

% this is probably character number 136 in octal basis
% and the glyph comes from font 0 (rtxmi)
(CHARACTER O 136
   (CHARWD R 0.964)
   (CHARHT R 0.342)
   (MAP
      (SELECTFONT D 0)
      (SETCHAR O 136)
      )
   )

% this seems to be letter a comming from font 1 (rtxptmri)
(CHARACTER C a
   (CHARWD R 0.5)
   (CHARHT R 0.442)
   (CHARDP R 0.0075)
   (MAP
      (SELECTFONT D 1)
      (SETCHAR C a)
      )
   )

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 17:13, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> This is definitely true (there is also Termes Math planned, I guess),
>> but then it would be nice to support px properly as well. I'm ready to
>> fix the vectors, but I need to figure out what's in those virtual
>> fonts first. (I'll try to test the vftothatweirdformat unless mkiv can
>
> hey, it's a brilliant and beautiful hack, not weird

What are we talking about? Do you mean the old virtual fonts (.vf
files) or mkiv's virtual fonts or something completely different?

Mojca