Thanks Wolfgang. Here is a working example. The use of distance reduces the
space if I put a negative number. But is there an option that gives a
regular space as between any two words, or do I have to play with the
negative distance number until I get the right value (which is fine, but
just want to make sure that, that is the best way).

Thanks very much for your help.

% Defining Problem enumeration
\defineenumeration
[Problem]
[location=top,
text=Problem,
between=\blank,
before=\blank,
after=\blank]

% Changing the location of the page numbers so that they appear in the
footer.
\setuppagenumbering[location=footer]

\setupcolors[state=start]
\setupcolor[xwi]

\starttext
\Problem
The problem heading is at the top.

\setupenumerations[Problem][location=left]
\Problem See the space between the heading and the first word.

\setupenumerations[Problem][location=left,distance=-0.15in]
\Problem The addition of distance option reduces the space. Do I have to
play around with this?

\stoptext