On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 15:24, Bernhard Rosensteiner wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> after my new OSX installation i did first-setup.sh as always but now i get:
>
> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.40.6-2009100310 (TeX Live 2009) (INITEX)
>  \write18 enabled.
> (/Applications/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-en.tex
> ! I can't find file `context.tex'.
> l.16 \input context.tex
>
> Please type another input file name:

You are getting luatex from TeX Live. At what point do you get that
warning? You should definitely get this if you don't initialize the
minimals (that is - if you don't use ". setuptex" or don't add PATH to
binaries).

I admit that I made some changes a few hours ago, so it would be very
helpful to know what sequence of commands exactly you use and when
exactly this happens.

> at the end of the install process.

You mean even before first-setup.sh finishes the job? If this is the
case ... One thing that might happen is that you use some random
intermediate version of first-setup.sh that doesn't pass --engine= to
mtx-update or that mtx-update forgets to respect that option.

I should reboot my computer in order to test.

> Interestingly in my ConTeXt folder is now a texmf-osx-64 folder with more
> files in it than in the texmf-osx-intel (bin and man folder in texmf-osx-64
> and web2c folder in texmf-osx-intel)

bin and man should be present in both. It's weird that they are
missing in osx-intel. web2c is generated during "texexec --make ...",
so if formats are not made that can explain it.

> which was never there. Has this to do with the discussion on the mailing list
> about 64 bit OSX binaries? Installing into another folder as Applications
> triggered the same message.

That's quite possible. I guess that
    uname -m
returns i386 on your machine, that you are running Snow Leopard, have
MacTeX or TeX Live installed. But I would not expect the minimals to
hang with that message.

Mojca