I am not sure whetehr this message got through or not, so I am posting it again:

Hi all,

I have a question which can be elementary…
When using cross references, one can somehow « visualize » the list of the
cross references on each page with the command
        \version[temporary]

However, in mkii at least, the list of the references is placed at the top of
the page in the right margin and this is not very convenient when proof
reading, especially in mathematical articles. It would be more handy to have
each reference in the left (or right) margin of the line where it is defined or
where it is invoked with the command « \in ». However I didn't manage to
understand how this behaviour can be changed (various attempts with
\setuplist[references] had no effect).
(By the way, in mkiv, the list is not shown).

Can anyone give an insight?

Thanks in advance: OK