Am 12.12.2009 16:41, schrieb Oliver Heins:
Hi Peter,

Peter Rolf<indi...@gmx.net>  writes:

I get the same 'kind of knockedout' text as in the other example...
but the black text is set as /DeviceGray and not /DeviceCMYK
(k-component). You can make this visible by using
'Vorschau: Separiert' with the option 'Einblenden: Nicht-DeviceCMYK'.

I think this is just a limitation of the previewer. You can define
your own cmyk black with \definecolor[myblack][k=1]. I bet that the
knockedout effect will vanish with cmyk black (untested).
You're right.  With k=1, the 'kind of knockedout' vanishes.  Thank you
very much, Peter!

You are welcome!

So is it advisable to change all black to cmyk black or can I safely
rely on the DeviceGray black?

I donno. Best ask your printing house what they prefer in this case.

Just an additional comment about prepress. A very good and gratis pdf book (only in german!) about prepress basics can be found here:

http://www.cleverprinting.de/ratgeber2009.html

Simply press

"Jetzt als kostenloses PDF herunterladen"

at the end of the page to get a copy. If you like it, buy it (as it's also very cheap for technical literature).

Best wishes,  Peter

Can you test the following?  My Acrobat is on a machine without net, and
my usb stick broke within the experiments.

prepress mess + bad luck =>  *have a break and enjoy your weekend* :)
Well, due to your kind help, I'm able to do so now :-)

Thanks again,
  olli